Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Potpourri


As I wrap up my time at KAF (for now), a little miscellany:
-          When I said I wouldn’t be running outside for 6 months a couple weeks ago, I was wrong.  Thanks to the guys for letting me tag along with your workouts.  On the best or worst of days (or days you’re just waiting to go somewhere…), you can never go wrong putting in a few miles. 
-          As a member of the AF, it sure is nice to hear planes again…though I might roll my eyes inside a tad when the Chief says “that’s the sound of freedom” every time a fighter takes off.
-          Everyone who rolls through KAF knows about the poo pond.  Why you would put laundry right next to it is beyond me. 
-          So far so good with DFAC three meals a day.  Though I can see how some gain weight deployed – gotta watch all that white rice.  I hope there’s chocolate soy milk at my FOB too!
-          It’s a small world.  When I got to Rome about a year ago, Capt S and I figured out we had a mutual friend, S, one of my law school classmates.  Now I am headed to the same FOB where they met and where S is still working.  Can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment