Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas from Afghanistan everyone!  It is a bright and sunny day here on the FOB.  I woke up and checked the NORAD Santa tracker http://www.noradsanta.org/en/ and it’s true, Santa does visit Afghanistan.

This is my first Christmas away from family, but I am so happy that Steve is with his family in Maryland and my family is together in Ohio.  My family visited my Mom’s side in Centerburg last night and will see my Dad’s side tomorrow.  Mateo was even kind enough to wrap my presents for me.  The DeVitos had bouillabaisse for Christmas Eve dinner which makes me hungry just thinking about it – the same meal they cooked me the night before I left.  Absolutely delicious.  I inherited my baking skills from my grandmothers, but have much to learn from the DeVitos.

With any luck I will be able to skype with everyone later in the day and watch everyone open presents.  I myself picked up a Glee Christmas CD at the USO at BAF, will watch Christmas Vacation at some point, and am serving Christmas dinner with my unit tonight at the DFAC.


Lots of love from Afghanistan!

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blog now...merry belated Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete