Sunday, December 4, 2011

Family

I am truly blessed to have the best family in the world.  Steve and I were able to spend a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family in Ohio last weekend, complete with an expertly cooked (if I do say so myself) Thanksgiving dinner in my parents beautiful kitchen.  Don't forget that homemade whipped cream Mateo!  I am spending my last night in Maryland with my in-laws, complete with gourmet cooking as always -- I have definitely succeeded in packing on a couple pounds before leaving!

I had expected to be in Afghanistan about a month ago and Mr. and Mrs. D and Melissa were going to send me the attached mini-tree -- isn't it great!  Instead, we decorated it tonight.  That's right, I've already had 2 Christmases this year and it's only December 4th :)

Much love to all my family and friends and thanks to Adam and Todd for coming out to see me off!



No comments:

Post a Comment