Thursday, December 22, 2011

Breathe and Reboot


Sitting here in the USO at BAF, munching on a homemade chocolate cookie and the first decent cup of coffee I’ve had since I left, I can indeed breathe in that extra dose of patience (probably not the last) that I will need to get through this.  I suspect literally not being able to breathe (a diagnosis of asthma, which I haven’t had since I was 10, from the good doc due to the delightful KAF air) and having the location of my assignment change yet again was a little more than I could handle yesterday (I know, seems minor in the rearview).  If I could get that look my Dad does when he’s really frustrated about something (like another ND turnover), it would have been yesterday.  Some of you might think I inherited this look in my every day lawyerly seriousness. Trust me, I’ve got nothing on my Dad.   

BAF doesn’t seem like a bad place to spend a deployment.  It’s as big as KAF but has more paved roads which keeps the dust at bay and seems more Air Forcey (I’m not making a judgment on that one…).  Thanks to MSgt E for setting me up with a room and avoiding the transient tent and TSgt G for the tour of the old radar tower.

Something for me to look forward to – the summer 2012 JAG forecast was “published” yesterday.  Based on the welcome email from my new boss and everyone I know in passing that will be joining me at my new assignment, I think it will be a fun and interesting couple years.  And it’s DC!  Back from the edge of the AF empire ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment