Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and Mom-in-law.  I of course am not a mother myself yet, but I did have the pleasure of spending this weekend with a group of strong American and Afghan women in Kabul.  The FETs are doing amazing work across this country and a handful of us non-FETs (though frankly just as a female I tend to fall into this category anyhow...) were able to join them for a workshop in Kabul and meeting with a CODEL of female members of Congress.  Congresswoman Pelosi said this is something of an annual event for her, bringing a female delegation to meet with female members of the military and Afghan women on Mother's Day.  What a cool idea.  I will have pictures of the event later, but for now here is Tami and I flying back this morning.  Thanks to all the Moms in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment