Wednesday, January 4, 2012

PowerPoint

First day on the job at my new FOB and what did I do but create my first deployed PowerPoint of course :)  You may recall this article a couple years back http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/world/27powerpoint.html  

And it's true, the military lives and breathes through PowerPoint (as I suspect many other government organizations and corporations alike do as well...to a certain extent anyway).  I remember being surprised when I first met Steve that he emailed me a PPT presentation with directions to his office picnic.  Now, this wouldn't phase me.  I sit in an office with about a dozen officers/NCOs on the CC's staff.  And on day one I can officially tell you (as I told them) that my PPT skills will never match that of my Army brethren.  Sure, I've thrown a few briefing slides together in my day.  But never has it been part of my daily battle rhythm or raison d'etre.  So we'll see, hopefully my briefing skills will make up for the lack of dazzle in my slides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment