Thursday, January 19, 2012

No More M&Ms!


The 27 Nov 11 AFPAK border incident has officially hit home.  FLUOR put up a sign in the DFAC informing everyone that the border closure will begin to affect supplies and food in the DFAC.  Now granted, the same signs were up when I arrived in country in Kandahar in December so I’m not sure how much of a decline we’ll really see.  Thus far I have only noticed a lack of coffee creamer, which when the coffee already tastes like sludge, is more necessary than ever.  I also heard there was a two week period during the current battalion’s deployment when they only had banana milk.  I don’t know that I’ve ever had banana milk and I’m not really eager to try.  So we’ll see.  I’ve read as I’m sure you all have that Pakistan has rejected a meeting with the U.S. Envoy, but that the U.S. has resumed drone strikes.  All I can say is, please keep my supply of M&Ms coming – they are vital to RoL!

No comments:

Post a Comment