Friday, April 6, 2012

On the Move...

I am out of my "home" province for a week or so to link up with my fellow ROLFSOs in Kabul and hopefully learn a thing or two about the greater RoL mission.  The last couple days have been a little surreal which means I have definitely adapted to conditions at the FOB/COPs I live at.  For one I flew on a civilian aircraft without my kit.  Whoa.  Secondly strolling around BAF was a sense of freedom I haven't had in a few months.  I had Green Beans twice just for Sarah.  A run might be in order on the way back.  It is also strange to see so many AF generally and then the fact that they are in ABUs.  (Side note to all the pilots -- March is over, get rid of the molestaches)  I showed up at my home for the week today to find signs that say the water is "potable."  I'm not sure what to make of this.  Fairly certain I will continue to brush my teeth with bottled water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment